BEHIND THE LABEL
OUR SUSTAINABLE COMMITMENT
Bettina Vermillon is a French shoe brand that has the particularity of having all of its models made by the same Italian manufacturer since the beginning in 2015.
Conscious about the fact that high end italian know-how is essential to the success of a luxury shoe brand, Lorraine Archambeaud, the brand's founder, spent 3 years criss-crossing Italy in search of the perfect manufacturer.
It was in the Marche region, on the Adriatic coast, that she found them: a factory sensitive to her project, recognized among its people as being particularly concerned with quality, a factory on a human scale, where each of the 80 employees works on our pairs with delicate hands; development, pattern-making, materials, cutting and stitching of uppers, assembly, ... the connection was immediate and became a true family environment where everyone knows each other's first name and background. Bettina Vermillon and its partner have a special relationship of respect for the success of their developments.
With its sustainable approach, Bettina Vermillon boldly rethinks the concept of women's shoes, making each pair a timeless object, destined to be handed down.
Created by a woman and for women, our pairs are accessories for life, for women who are on the move and live with the times. Comfort and design are at the heart of each model's creation process.
OUR CSR COMMITMENT
Bettina Vermillon's CSR policy is based on specific commitments:
• A commitment to Italian suppliers and manufacturers. Bettina Vermillon makes it a point of honor to maintain close, loyal relationships with its suppliers, each of whom is committed to CSR and constant technological innovation.
• A carefully considered choice of materials: controlled traceability and production. All our hides come from certified Italian tanneries that comply with strict European environmental standards.
• An awareness of the environmental impact of each pair Depending on the model and its constraints, its comfort and the finishing touches, each stage of design, manufacturing and production is considered in the most sustainable way possible: choice of materials, choice of design, optimization of cuts to minimize leather scraps.
• Reduced, conscious packaging We aim to reduce the environmental impact of our footwear packaging. That's why our boxes, covers, tissue paper and stationery are made exclusively by certified French and Italian manufacturers.
• Fewer chemicals In order to integrate responsibility into our quality, we choose to use certain materials such as washable, vegan or faux leather, which we feel are more suitable for certain styles. Our suppliers are also certified.
Labels linked to Bettina Vermillon’s production :
Made in Italy
Italian factory based in Milan
No chromium in the tanning process
Product certification for low environmental impact leathers
Tannery certified in the environmental, ethical-social, economic and product areas
Improve the protection of human health and the environment from chemical risks
Forest Stewardship Council
Care for the health and resilience of forests